Mahamritunjay Lord Shiva’s Mantra
Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam
Mrytyor Muksheeya Mamritat
Although there are several interpretations of this mantra, with subtle differences between each, the one that I like most is the following…
Mahamritunjay Mantra English Translation
O Great Three Eyed Lord of All Worlds. You are the sweet fragrance of life. You are the creator and sustainer. Free us from the terrible diseases of ignorance, attachment and weakness. Deliver us from the cycle of birth and death to freedom and ultimate liberation.
Benefits of Mahamritunjay Mantra:
This mantra has been known for ages to bestow the following benefits. In short, it is the mantra for protection, health and liberation.
- Cures diseases, heals and bestows optimum health.
- Protects one from accidents and misfortunes.
- Offers protection from negative forces, both seen and unseen.
- Helps one breaks free from attachments, destroys ignorance and reveals the True Nature of Reality.
- Helps one conquer the fear of death.
- Delivers one from the cycle of birth and death to freedom and liberation.
1. Mahamritunjay Mantra
Here is the Lord Shiva’s Mantra chanted by yours truly. I was not able to commission my wife this time, but I plan to and I will upload her beautiful voice soon as well. Till then you are just going to have to live with what I can do [Got Her - Uploaded Now ]
Traditionally a mala (bead necklace) is used to chant this mantra. The mala has 108 beads and this mantra is chanted 108 times using the beads to keep count.